An exciting opportunity is available with FOR Cardiff, the city’s Business Improvement District (BID) for the new post of Evening and Night Time Manager.
We are looking for an enthusiastic champion for the businesses who operate in the evenings and nights, and who will lead on managing the Night Marshal contract, our Purple Flag work and who will lobby and represent to support such an important aspect of Cardiff’s economy. The successful candidate will be part of a fast moving, high profile, multi award winning business.
Please see the job description and person specification below. If you are interested then please email your CV along with a covering letter of no more than two pages of A4 sized paper detailing your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the job or would like to discuss it in more detail please email Adrian Field, Executive Director at email@example.com or call 07956 816696.
The deadline for applications is midday on Thursday 23rd March 2023 and interviews for those shortlisted will be held on Friday 31st March 2023 at the FOR Cardiff offices.
Job Title: Evening and Night-Time Manager
Responsible to: Executive Director
Salary: £30,000pa with a bonus of 4% related to performance against set KPIs
Other Benefits: Optional private healthcare, cycle to work scheme
Annual Leave Entitlement: 25 days per year (this increases with long service) plus all bank holidays
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Usually Monday-Friday, 9-5.30 or similar, flexible working hours pattern and to include occasional evening and weekend work.
Working Environment: The working day will be predominantly within the FOR Cardiff offices as well as in the city centre engaging with businesses and partners
- To assist in the delivery of evening and night-time economy initiatives across Cardiff city centre
- To ensure that the delivery of FOR Cardiff funded initiatives are carried out efficiently and effectively
- To be the lead officer in the submission of the Purple Flag accreditation and to work with colleagues on addressing any actions arising from any independent assessments
- Manage the Night Marshal contract as well as any additional requirements for additional resources in the evening and at night-time
- To develop with partners any business support initiatives such as Best Bar None and / or Licensing SAVI where approved and demand supports it
- To lead in the development of the Safe Places project working with the team to grow and promote the initiative and be the first point of contact with businesses
- To work on the Safer Streets funded initiatives including the development of Club Corp (working title), providing evidence of its integration and seeking growth opportunities
- To work on tasks arising from feedback from the Business Engagement team as well as tenant and partnership meetings
- To work with colleagues to help develop any initiatives that others lead on which are relevant to the evening and night-time economy such as the Cardiff Alcohol Partnership
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required within the general scope of the post
- To be actively aware of relevant legislation and issues in related to the role
- To carry out any other duties identified by the Executive Director
- Ability to negotiate, influence and develop strong working relationships both internally and externally at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Problem solving skills
- Demonstrable commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Tact and diplomacy, with a can-do attitude
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse set of partners
- Energetic, enthusiastic and adaptable
- Ability to research, plan, organise and monitor own activity to meet daily, local and organisational goals
- IT literate, ability to use and adapt to a variety of applications including MS Office and web-based databases
- Ability to prioritise and organize workloads
- Ability to work as an individual, in a team and in partnership without close supervision
- Knowledge of the evening and night-time economy and the challenges and opportunities that it faces
- An existing network within Cardiff’s evening and night-time economy
- Experience of working in partnerships
- Ability to communicate in Welsh
- Knowledge of BIDs and place management