This area is exclusively for members of FOR Cardiff, this is where you can register/request ‘The Card’ and see the 100+ offers available to our members. If you're not sure if you're a member please check here or email us on

Dont have an account? Sign up
Temporary Trading Area Application for Food and Beverage​
<< Back Posted on 14th July 2020
Covid-19 Support

By Carolyn Brownell

Temporary Trading Area Application for Food and Beverage​
Following the unprecedented events of the COVID 19 Pandemic and the introduction of restricted movements around the city centre Cardiff Council is looking to produce a temporary Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that all city centre, food and beverage businesses can apply to sign up to.
It has been identified that many businesses – due to social distancing regulations – will only be able to operate successfully if they are allowed to trade outside of their shop floor. This MOU will help simplify the process of being permitted outside space, within the guidelines and parameters set out in the city centre recovery plan and associated movement restrictions.
Cardiff Council are asking businesses, who wish to extend their shop floor into the street to fill in a simplified application form. If successful and street space to trade in is allocated there will be no charge to the business while this temporary arrangement remains in place. They will revert to the normal street-café licence application policy and process once the temporary period has expired.
This agreement will then cease and all furniture under the MOU must be removed from the Public Highway. The expiry date for the temporary licences is currently 1 September, 2020. This is subject to review.
Existing Street Café Licence holders who do not wish to amend or extend their current space do not need to apply.
Please read the MOU and complete the application form to apply for a new temporary trading area or an extension of your current outside space. Please send all completed applications to​